Weird Output from revPrintField

Gardner, Joseph A joe.gardner at nwa.com
Wed Oct 2 02:08:01 EDT 2002

Hello folks. I've searched my own archives of the list for a mention of this problem, but haven't found anything. I have a simple button with the following script:

  on mouseUp
    revPrintField ("field" && quote & "FileContents" & quote)
  end mouseUp

The contents of the field "FileContents" is a single line: This is text file 1.

When this button is pressed the printer (a networked HP LaserJet 4050) spits out the following:

This is text

file 1.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening? It gets even worse with longer field content. A 10-line field can print 7 or 8 pages! The text as printed is normal size. I'm running this from a Dell GX110 with Windows2000. I've tried all the other command iterations in the Rev documentation including all the revPrintText possibilities. They all produce the same spaced-out output.

Appreciate any suggestions and/or comments. And yes, I've also tried inserting the old revShowPrintDialog command in front of the revPrintField command, but that never does anything even with both options set to true.

joe.