Basic Questions (was RE: Background)

Gary Rathbone gary.rathbone at btclick.com
Thu Nov 28 12:19:01 EST 2002

I whole heartedly disagree ! I'm happy to see anyone to ask any RR
related question on this list and am constantly surprised by how others
put a new angle on an aspect I considered I was familiar with.

The list helped me a great deal when I first started with MC and RR and
now I'm in a position to return the favour. Fortunately I appreciate
that a 'basic question' is purely subjective. What is 'basic' for one
person is 'difficult' for another.

True, the list could exist "without ever touching these basic areas",
but it would be a much poorer resource for it. "As a matter of courtesty
to others" I suggest that new users are not critisised but encouraged to
participate, I am not so arrogant as to realise I may learn something
new myself.

Regards

Gary Rathbone BSc MBCS
Chartered Information Systems Practitioner

--------------------------------------
I see on this list (as well as on other forums to
which I belong) that many new users ask basic questions that are well
documented either in the documentation that was supplied with the app
(tutorials, example stacks, code snippets, etc.), or in the discussion
archives.

The list does and can exist without ever touching these basic areas,
except
in the instances where the documentation is poorly written (or even in
error), or to reveal new-found properties or uses for some basic
documented
functions.

A little thought on the subject reveals this can be seen as matter of
courtesy to others.

miscdas