Quit on Mac OS X

yves COPPE yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Nov 27 12:47:01 EST 2002

>I had this same problem as does probably a lot of others
>on the list.
>
>In my case there were only 2 times when it was critical to
>know which quit happened to update my preference files for
>the user.  That happened to be on the very first run of
>the program and at registration time.  The solution for
>me was to force my own "File Quit" if the user was doing
>any of these two processes.  The rest of the time it didn't
>matter at all for my particular application.
>
>The only other work around for me would have been to eliminate
>my own "File Quit" and to do my updating long before the use
>ever quit my application.
>
>Hope this helps!

I understand your way but have still a question :

which message is sent to the engine when the user "quit" using the
app Menu of Mac OS X ?

So I could write a script :

something like :
on quit
    dostuff
edn quit

whatever the user chooses to quit (file menu or app menu). So I
ccould suppress the quit menu in the file menu.

thanks.

--
Greetings.

Yves COPPE