File Open Error: Illegal File Name Character " " in xyz.rev

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed Nov 27 11:31:01 EST 2002

>The db demo included with Rev and Rob Cozens' impressive SDB stacks
>both refuse to run on my Linux box because of the above error.

Thanks for the "heads up", David.

It will be changed in the next Library Update.

Am I correct that this restriction applies only to the mainstack
stack file names?  In other words, it's OK to set a stack's name or
label to "Serendipity Library" so long as the stack resides in a file
named "Serendipity_Library.rev"?  And by extension, spaces are OK in
substack names so long as they are not saved externally from the
mainstack?

David, et al:  I'm still in the process of learning the realities of
multi-platform distribution.  It is my goal that Serendipity Library
work seamlessly for both Run Rev & MetaCard on all supported
platforms.  I will respond to any issues along this line...just let
me know where the problems are.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company