Development vs Standalone

Robert Presender rpresender at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 25 10:20:01 EST 2002

On Sunday, November 24, 2002, at 09:45  PM, Sara wrote:

> Is the splash screen the main stack or do you have another stack which
> contains all the general handlers but which got bumped down the
> hierarchy when you inserted the splash stack? That's what happened to
> me once when using the splash screen approach. The solution was to have
> an extra line in your splash screen openStack handler:
> start using "The stack with all my scripts"

I believe that I do have a conflict in the way I open the project which
affects the standalone.
I will look into the 'start using' procedure (Monte also suggested
this).

> When you do a build like this, my preference is to say "No data folder"
> as well as using "Move substacks..."

Neglected to mention that I have to save data that the user enters

> If you do this, you will find your application folder includes the
> clickable app as well as a folder called
> "My App.rev_components". I find this works better than creating a data
> folder which has this components folder as a sub-folder of it.

It seems that the "My App.rev_components" is the same as "Data" but
doesn't allow the saving of user entered data. In either case, it
would be nice to be able to hide these folders from the user.  I had
some success previously by using ResEdit  to make the files invisible
but not the folder.

Thank you for your input.  I am going to revamp the way the project is
opened.

Regards... Bob