internanl Icons with Standalone

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 22 01:19:00 EST 2002

--- Monte Goulding <monte at sweattechnologies.com>
wrote:

> One of the first questions I asked Kevin when I got
> rev was about the IDE icons and he said it's fine to
> use them. I doubt he would have changed his mind. I
> just opened the stack revIcons and imported them
> into a new image library for my use.
>
> If it were me and I was allowing people to use these
> icons I'd add value to my product from the start and
> include appropriate ones as image libraries anyway.
>
> Note that you can use any part of the IDE as long as
> you don't make a product that interferes with rev's
> business plan.
>
> Monte

Hi Monte,

Thanks for pointing it out as the 'revicons' stack.
It's the fact that these icons weren't included in a
library, that lead me to the conclusion there was a
copyright on them.
Moreover, those people that make these icons, clicking
their mouses endlessly, peering at the screen at
various resolutions to make sure it's just right
[anyone else get visions of Trappist munks making
miniatures?] generally do get paid for it and may have
copyrights on them.
But if we can use them, all the more fun :-)

Jan Schenkel.

PS: One can indeed learn a _lot_ from the RunRev IDE
scripts ; high-quality, well-tested code...

=====