Can I do "Digest Authentification"

RGould8 at aol.com RGould8 at aol.com
Tue Nov 19 10:47:01 EST 2002

Not sure if I'm describing this properly, but I've been asked to write an app
that sends XML data to a device via TCP/IP, but the device is expecting
"Digest Authentification" as part of the http POST method.   Can anyone tell
me if Revolution supports this type of authentification, or if there's
another means of doing Digest Authentification?   I'm writing this for Mac OS
8,9 and X.

My friends on the PC-side tell me that they wrote their version with Visual
Basic, and used some sort of Microsoft XML library, with an XML.HTTP.SEND
call.   They said something about using an "MD5 Hash".   I'm not familiar
with VB at all - - - I'm just hoping that Revolution has comparible support
for such a call.   If Revolution can do this, it will make my day!

- Rob