Showing/Hiding Images on mouseLeave...

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Thu Nov 14 13:56:01 EST 2002

Recently, "Rob Cozens"  wrote:

> If the top image has transparent pixels,
> moving the cursor from an opaque portion of the image to a
> transparent portion WITHIN THE SAME IMAGE will generate a mouseLeave,
> and moving from transparent to opaque portions generates a mouseEnter.

This is desirable behavior since it allows you to employ non-rectangular
regions.

> When I create a gif
> image, I can make part of it transparent.  When I import that image
> into a stack, I can set a property to make the image transparent or
> opaque.  How is the gif's internal transparency affected by the
> opaque property and vice versa?

Are you talking about the blendLevel property?  In any event, the GIF itself
is not affected, the image object that displays the GIF is what you are
setting the property for.  But the net result is what you see on screen: a
GIF with a different appearance.

> Perhaps the MC engine needs to update its current control status when
> an image is hidden?

Better would be to get in the habit of using a transparent object to manage
display of other objects/images, or display images via a button.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design