Showing/Hiding Images on mouseLeave...

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Thu Nov 14 13:08:11 EST 2002

>All I can deduct is that for some reason, the first time the mouse
>leaves the 'over' image, no 'mouseLeave' message is being sent to
>it! Only after the cursor has re-entered the image, and then
>proceeds to leave again, does it work...

Hi Igor,

FWIW, I'm seeing the same behavior here (RR v1.5), but with
additional complications:  If the top image has transparent pixels,
moving the cursor from an opaque portion of the image to a
transparent portion WITHIN THE SAME IMAGE will generate a mouseLeave,
and moving from transparent to opaque portions generates a mouseEnter.

Which brings up a question for imaging wizards:  When I create a gif
image, I can make part of it transparent.  When I import that image
into a stack, I can set a property to make the image transparent or
opaque.  How is the gif's internal transparency affected by the
opaque property and vice versa?

Back to your main issue--I can tell you what I think is happening;
but none of the workarounds I have tried fix it:  Image "idle" is not
getting a mouseLeave message until the mouse leaves and reenters
image "over". There is no mouseLeave message sent to image "over" (I
guess RunRev thinks the mouse is still within image "idle") until you
exit "over" and reenter it, at which point mouseLeave is sent to
"idle" and mouseEnter is sent to "over".  I've tried specifically
sending mouseLeave & mouseEnter to the images and clicking outside
image "idle" before hiding it; but I still get no message the first
time the mouse leaves "over".

Perhaps the MC engine needs to update its current control status when
an image is hidden?
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company