Animation Manager

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Wed Nov 13 15:32:01 EST 2002

This may be something that is rectified in Rev 2.0 but I'll ask it
anyway.

I was working through the tutorials and followed the instructions for
the Animation Manager tutorial "to the letter". The resulting animation
(which moved the field from off-card to the center of the card) was
extremely "jerky". I relaunched Rev just in case it was a memory issue
but the problem remained. I know it's not a "horsepower" issue because
I'm running Rev v1.1.1 on a dual-867G4 with 512MB RAM in OSX 10.2.2.

BTW, the original script which simply moved the field was smooth as
silk. Anyone (who knows) care to comment?

Thanks,
Barry

PS - For the newbies: Work through the tutorials even if you're an
experienced HC developer. You just can't "learn Rev as you go" if you
jump in unprepared.