1.5 (now 2.0)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Nov 12 10:56:01 EST 2002

>Sure buttons can be any shape. Just use a transparent GIF or PNG and set the
>icon of the button to it.

Hi Chipp,

Here's the issue I am dealing with:

I have a "round" button named "Clock" and a series of transparent,
round clock-face icons depicting clock hand positions for all
possible times of day (in five minute increments).

I want to be able to change the clock's background color to depict
daytime (6 AM - 5:55 PM) vs nighttime (6 PM - 5:55 AM) hours.  How
can I change the background color inside the circular image without
changing the color of the button's corners protruding around the
circular image.

The only solution I can see at present (other than doubling the
number of icons) is to paint an opaque mask over the portion of the
button not covered by the image.  This is not a good solution because
the mask must be repainted every time the button is placed on a
different colored background.

Anyone have a better solution?
--

Rob Cozens