Newbie Questions!

Igor de Oliveira Couto info at pixelmedia.com.au
Tue Nov 12 00:11:01 EST 2002

Dear Jeanne,

Thank you for your suggestion!

On Tuesday, November 12, 2002, at 10:16  AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote:

>> 1) How do I save more than one type of data (text and graphics) to a
>> single file?
>
> The simplest way of doing this is to save the data in a stack file.
> Stack
> files can save all the objects (of course), and this way you don't
> need to
> come up with a file format - just put the data into a stack, save the
> stack, and there you are. You can use the create stack command to make
> stack (or use the clone command to copy a substack you keep inside your
> application).
>
> You can refer to objects in the stack to get your data and put it into
> objects in your main user interface. (Or you can make the saved stack
> itself part of your user interface.)

I will definitely try this out!

Two questions I posted in an earlier reply:

1) Is this stack cross-compatible? ie, will my Mac and Windows users be
able to exchange files?

2) Is it possible to assign a specific file/document type to the
created stack - and an associated icon?

Many thanks!

Kind Regards,

--