Clearing QT video when it's done

SilverDollar SilverDollar at NYC.rr.com
Fri Nov 8 10:21:01 EST 2002

Hello,

I¹m new to RR, I¹m not a programmer though I used to do a bit of SuperCard
and HC. Thank you in advance for your help.  I¹m using the Runtime Starter
kit (till I decide) on a Mac G4 os 9.1.

I¹m running Quicktime video clips in a player using the ³Set the filename of
player 1 to MyClipName, followed by a ³Start player 1² command. (my thanks
to the examples posted on the website).

When the clip is finished playing, I¹d like the last frame to disappear. As
it stands, the last frame persists.  I¹ve tried several variations using the
³Done² function hoping to either hide the player or go to another card at
the end of the video.  I can¹t get the Done function to work.  It seems to
continue waiting even though the video is long over.  Only Cmd-period gets
the script to stop.

I¹ve tried:
If the movie is done..
If Movie() = done...
Wait until the movie is done...
Etc.

Can you recommend a way to clear the screen at the end of the clip?

Many thanks, I have more questions but for now take things one step at a
time. (except for; When is vers 2.0 expected?)

Lance Jacobs
SilverDollar at nyc.rr.com
NYC