Building "serious" scientific applications with RunRev...

Peter Lundh simran at teleline.es
Fri Nov 8 08:56:01 EST 2002

Hi all-

This autumn I started my PhD on Colour Imaging Science at the Derby
University, UK. A requirement at the institute is knowledge of MatLab and
"C" - MatLab for modeling and C for compiling applications. MatLab I know,
so that's ok - but now I have to learn "C" on top of all the other things I
have to do.

So my question is the following: Could Revolution (since I'm already
familiar with it and like it!) be a substitute for "C" when developing
scientific applications? Typical needs would be the ability to read,
manipulate, display and output different types of image data, Possibility to
compute Matrix, Fourier and Polynomial algorithms etc.

I'm also curious to know if any other list members have developed scientific
applications with RunRev, and in particular - since it's in my line of
interest - Imaging, Psychophysical, or Colour related applications.

-Peter
--
Peter Lundh
E: simran at teleline.es