Sending a file

Klaus Major k_major at os.surf2000.de
Wed Nov 6 13:16:00 EST 2002

Hi Timothy,

> Sorry two questions in one day.

we will survive this ;-)

> I was wondering what is the best
> method to send a text file to certain place
> (like a server).  I have a stack that write to
> a text file. and I want to user to be able to
> sumbit it and the stack will send it to a
> folder on my server.
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

This is easier than you can imagine ;-)
...and it is already build-in.

I suppose you want to upload the file to your ftp-server.

It is even not necessary to save the data to a text-file.

Here are 2 solutions for your problem:

The first one will transfer a textfile to your server.
Teh second one will tranfer the content of a field
(or a global var or a custom property or...) to the server.

1.
on mouseup
    put url("file:your_text_file_here.txt") into URL
"ftp://username:password@ftp.yourservername.com/foldername/file.txt"
end if

2.
on mouseup
    put fld "data to transfer" into URL
"ftp://username:password@ftp.yourservername.com/foldername/file.txt"
end if

Of course you have to replace username, password etc... with
your names ;-)

> Oh and thanks a lot Klaus for earlier.

You're welcome...

> -Tim