Stuck on Reg-Ex again

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu May 30 13:03:01 EDT 2002

On Thursday, May 30, 2002, at 01:36  PM, Ken Ray wrote:

> You have to declare your returning values as "locals" before they can be
> used. Here's my script that works:
>
> on mouseUp
>   local tResult
>   put "<hello>This is stuff</hello>" into tItem
>   get matchText(tItem,"<hello>(.*)</hello>",tResult)
>   put tResult
> end mouseUp

Thanks Ken.

I think we had two mistakes in our script - first, the local hadn't been
declared, and second we didn't include the "get" in "get matchText",
mostly due to the reg-ex matchText example in the dictionary not using
it either. Oh well, I'm sure this should work as expected now...

Regarding the metacard XML tool, we didn't get involved in ANY "card
languages" until Revolution (with the possible exception of a brief
glance at ToolBook 1.0, many years ago.) So, we'll likely wait for the
parsing tool to be integrated into Rev. I'm looking forward to this -
because Perl we know!

Thanks again - I think we are set straight back on the path now.

--
Troy
RPSystems