revGoURL

Barry Levine themacguy at mac.com
Sat May 25 11:51:01 EDT 2002

Karl,

I'll have to play with "revGoURL" because while I -will- know the path
of the user generated file, that will have to suffice as it is the user
who will actually name the file. It looks like the "%20" in place of a
space char is the usual character swapping one has to do when using
URLs. However, this appears to be the solution so I'll try it.

Thanks,
Barry

> Message: 6
> Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 17:27:27 -0700
> To: use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> From: Karl Petersen <karlpet at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: How to switch to another running app?
>
> At 10:24 PM -0600 5/23/02, Barry Levine wrote:
> I've seen a few postings about how to launch an app from within Rev.
> If I know I have another program running (let's say "Internet
> Explorer") and I want to have IE open a particular HTML file whose
> path I know, how do I do it?
>
> I believe "revGoURL <url>" does what you want. It opens the HTML file
> in the user's default web browser.
>
> As in:
>
>    revGoURL "file:///Hard%20Disk/Desktop%20Folder/Sample%20File.html"
>
> The normal path name doesn't work. To retrieve the URL in the
> required format, I opened the file in the browser and copied the URL
> disp
> layed in the browser.
>
> Karl
Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"
Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements
On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer