onTO

Yates, Glen JAMES.G.YATES at saic.com
Fri May 24 10:08:00 EDT 2002

Ah, but just because a particular syntax is easier or more frequently used,
does not make it correct. Case in point: Many people use the preposition
'in' all the time, rather than using 'into' when appropriate; however, as an
early grade school teacher of mine drove into our heads, 'jumping in a pool'
and 'jumping into a pool' mean two different things.

Glen Yates
(Natively speaking English since 1967) :-)

P.S. Have we gone far enough off topic with this thread?