Pick up a specified text on several card?

Magnus von Brömsen webmaster at studioalice.se
Wed May 22 01:37:01 EDT 2002

Sarah, Jim & John
I tried your tip Sarah, but that gave me some strange result. No line
was repeated but I got blank lines and not all the lines where founded
that should.

So, I went back to the part of the script that I know was working:

on mouseUp
   put field "date" into thisDate
   repeat for the number of cards
     put field "sessions" after tempText
     go to next card
     if cardIDs is 1040 then exit repeat
   end repeat

Allright, now I have all text from field "sessions" in the variable
tempText -- and added this script:

   repeat for each line xLine in tempText
     if thisDate is in xLine then --this one is new for me
       put xLine & return after rightLine
       end if
   end repeat
   put rightLine into field "result"
end mouseUp

And hold my breath.
Works great!

It was the first time I tried "if thisDate is in xLine then". Earlier I
have tried e.g "if word 1 is thisDate" - but I always got an error
"Double binary... something".

Jim, I'm a Newbie too, so your input about FIND was interesting for me.
I have bought some used books about HyperCard so I can learn to "think
HyperCard".

Thanks for all help.
Magnus