Application Path?

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Thu May 9 23:07:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, May 10, 2002, at 01:44 , Dave wrote:

> Is there a function that returns the path to where my rev app is
> located?
>
> I'd like to store of few text files in the data folder.

Dave

The property DefaultFolder contains the path from which the app was
started until you change it (which you can). You can find full
documentation under that name in the Transcript Dictionary.

The following is intended to help, not in the least to criticise,
because I know it can be hard to find a term in the TD if you are not
sure in the first place how it might be addressed. I and others have
found it helpful to go to the Transcript Language Dictionary through the
Help menu and click the check box which makes it the default entry when
choosing Revolution Documentation under that menu. The TLD page has a
set of filters which make it easier to find interesting things for which
you can check the definition in the TD by clicking on it.

While you are getting accustomed to that, feel free to keep asking
questions.

cheers
David