Lists as array elements

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Wed May 8 01:57:01 EDT 2002

 From a test on a three-line list I gather that there is no problem
making a list an element in an array. For example, I did this in the
message box:

   put "Matilda" & return & "or" & return & "Maud" & return into aList
   put aList into someArray[1]
   put someArray[1]

which ran to produce the output:

   Matilda
   or
   Maud

So far, so good. The idea is to be able to build multiple lists where I
do not know beforehand how many lists there will be or what will be
their identity. As each list completes I will write it to a separate
file.

Before I base my program on stuffing multiple 2000-line lists into an
array as single elements, does anyone have experience or theoretical
knowledge that this will collapse?

thanks
David