pasting objects

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Fri Mar 29 10:02:01 EST 2002

Hi,

I am having problems writing a script that pastes an objects from a plug-in
to any other stack.

When I do this the target button does get pasted but then an error message
pops up that aborts the remainder of the script.

the problem code hilited by the debugger is ...

paste btn bGOName

here's the pertinent part of the script.

  -- creates new btn in destination stack
  copy btn bGOName -- bGOName is a var that holds the name of the bGO
  push card
  open stack targetStack -- this is the topStack
  go to card id targetCard  -- the id of the current card of the topStack
  paste btn bGOName  -- this is the code that always invokes the debugger
  -- I'm wondering if this problem is somehow related to the menu bar's
  -- status even tho the Paste Objects menu item is active in the plug-in it
  -- may not be in the tarrget stack.

<script execution ceases here>

  pop card
  -- make new TF grp