UDP Broadcast (was Re: Program Linking)

Ian Summerfield iansummerfield at btconnect.com
Wed Mar 20 01:56:01 EST 2002

On 19/3/02 8:08 pm, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> scribed:

> Or something like this (ignoring stopping the thing for now for now):
>
> on mouseUp
>  accept datagram connections on port 3052 with message "gotGram"
> end mouseUp
>
> on gotGram fromwhom,what
>  if what is not empty then
>    -- do whatever I want with the data
>    close socket 3052
>    accept datagram connections on port 3052 with message "gotGram"
>  end if
> end gotGram

Thanks for that,  it works great.  A beep shows two datagrams per one sent
(if that makes sense),  the first is the garbage one coming from the accept
command.  I decided to make it into an OS X fix, so when running under OS 9
it works normally:

on mouseUp
 accept datagram connections on port 3052 with message "gotGram"
end mouseUp

on gotGram fromwhom,what
  beep
  if what is not empty then
   -- do whatever I want with the data
   if the platform && the systemversion contains "MacOS 10" then
      close socket 3052