[ODBC] Connection problems

Olaf Schmidtmann os at brainbits.net
Fri Mar 15 08:40:00 EST 2002

Hi list,
are there any known issues with Rev on winNT connecting Access DBs (or
mySQL) via ODBC?
I read the manual carefully, installed the ODBC sources but I always end up
with an error statement "[...] Data source name not found and no default
driver specified".
I tested this with Access dbs locally with and without a password. I can
access them with MS Access without any problems.
I CAN connect to the mySQL DB directly, which is great so far but I cannot
build some tests because I only have the free edition (until we decide to
work with Rev).
I´d appreciate any hint very much!

Regards,
Olaf