Quicktime Movie PLayer

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed Mar 13 10:34:00 EST 2002

At 11:14 PM +1100 3/13/02, Daniel Dacey wrote:
>Hi folks,
>
>I'm a newbie to Revolution and am having real trouble with figuring
>out how to assign and play a movie in Revolution. Basically what I
>would like to do is have a series of buttons or thumbnails which the
>user can click on. The buttons would then change the movie displayed
>in a Quicktime window (Same window for all movies) and play the
>movie. Think of like a video jukebox. Any ideas how to do this?

Create and name your QuickTime player. For each selector button,
issue a command like this:

   set the filename of player "myPlayer" to "/MyHD/myFolder/myMovie.mov"

You can make it even easier by setting the defaultFolder property to
the folder that contains the stack and making sure all of the movies
are in that same folder.  Then you only have to name the movie or a
relative file path to open the movie:

   get the filename of this stack
   set the itemDelimiter to "/"
   delete last item of it
   set the defaultFolder to it

Now all you have to do for each button is this:

   set the filename of player "myPlayer" to "myMovie.mov"

Or, if the movies are in a folder that is in the same folder as the stack:

   set the filename of player "myPlayer" to "Movies/myMovie.mov"

Devin
--
Devin Asay
Humanities Research Center