Constraining 'grab'

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Thu Mar 7 01:41:00 EST 2002

On Thursday, March 7, 2002, at 12:24 AM, Ken Norris wrote:

> Using the two separate (mouseUp, mouseRelease) messages could have put
> the
> situation in check and maybe even performed a kind of auto-reset, as you
> suggest.
>
> Like I mentioned to Geoff, I guess the best thing to do is set up some
> test
> scenarios and watch the overall behavior.

True, I suppose test scenarios can't hurt - but the fact is that
mouseRelease (outside button) is a recognized convention. Virtually
every professional application on all computer platforms function with
this behavior. Try it on any button you have in whatever you are viewing
this email in.

Test if you like, but I wouldn't spend too much time or money on the
subject (I imagine someone already did - 15 years ago)...  :)

--
Troy
RPSystems