XMCD/XFCN (about...)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Mar 6 22:38:01 EST 2002

At 9:26 AM -0800 3/6/2002, Yates, Glen wrote:
>What is a "type 1" xcmd? I've written some XCMD's (several years ago for
>FoxPro, but no reason why they wouldn't also work in HC), and I do not
>remember such nomenclature or classes of xcmd's.

Version 2.x of HyperCard supported additional external callbacks, including
callbacks to create and communicate with non-stack windows ("external
windows").

These additional callbacks aren't supported by the HyperCard 1.x XCMD
model, and aren't supported by Revolution.

(Most externals that use the extra 2.x callbacks use them to create
additional windows - dialog boxes, palettes, etc. - and since those
capabilities are a native part of Revolution, it's almost always possible
to replace such externals with scripts, in practice.)

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!