Speaking text and highlighting speaking text

Terry Vogelaar terry at discovery.nl
Mon Mar 4 16:01:01 EST 2002

> Before I start on the data checker, is this hard to implement under Windows?
> Is there a WinVict dot something?  My PCs have never uttered a word to
> me...... I can't seem to find references to synthesised speech

The Rolls Royce of synthetic speech is as far as I know RealSpeak. It is
available in 19 languages. I don't have a clue how it is implemented by the
system or what the price is, but it sure beats Victoria and those other
Apple synth voices. Too bad it is only PC/Linux (no Mac). You can test it at
http://www.lhsl.com/realspeak/demo/

Terry
http://www.discovery.nl