Getting file info: type etc.

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Thu Jun 27 19:11:01 EDT 2002

The "detailed files" gives all this sort of stuff. Check out the
Transcript dictionary for what each item in this list means and which
bits of data are available on which platforms. As you can only get a
detailed list for an entire folder, you need to do some work to get the
data for a single file.

on mouseUp
   answer file "Select a file"
   put it into f  -- this gives the full path to the file
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put item 1 to -2 of f into folderName  -- get the name of the
containing folder
   put item -1 of f into shortF  -- get just the file name without any
folder names

   set the defaultFolder to folderName
   put the detailed files into fList
   replace "+" with space in fList  -- this is needed on OS X, don't know
about others

   get lineOffset(shortF, fList)
   put line it of fList into longF

   put longF
   -- gives something like this
   -- Base convert.rev,5537,0,1021470011,1025188443,0,0,0,0,666,RevoRSTK
end mouseUp

Cheers,
Sarah