URL - User Agent question

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 15:35:01 EDT 2002

>At serveral web sites I'm being recognized as some kind of robot
>whenever I try to access source information of a page from
>Revolution with "get url" or "put url". I believe it's because
>revolution is not netscape or explorer or some other large browser.
>Where in a URL do I include the user agent information if I want
>revolution to emulate netscape or explorer. And what words do I
>include? Mozilla?, IE?
>
>For example where in the following URL would I put the user agent information?
>
>http://username:password@www.investors.com/login.asp?/member/checkup/checkUp.asp?t=mrk&sp=
>
>Thanks in advance for anyones help

To set the User-Agent, set the httpHeaders property. For example:

put "Mozilla/4.04" into tAgent ##for example
set the httpHeaders to "User-Agent:" && tAgent

I'm not sure of the various user-Agent strings for the standard
browsers, but I'm sure you can find them on the net.

You'll need to set the httpHeaders before each url call.

Cheers
Dave Cragg