Stand-alone crash on quit enigma

Yves Coppé yvescoppe at skynet.be
Wed Jun 19 15:46:01 EDT 2002

>I am testing a MacOS PPC stand alone and I am finding a weird behavior.
>Sometimes, and not reproducibly, I get the "this application has
>unexpectedly quit" when I am in fact, quitting it (sending the Quit
>command). Sometimes not. I've tried adding a close and purge (set to
>destroy) all stacks before quitting, but still get this inconsistent result.
>When I added tooltips to some buttons, it seems to have gotten worse -- but,
>again it seems almost random. It also seems to be related (inconsistently)
>to turning a backdrop on or off -- turn it on, then off, then quit
>(sometimes) crash.
>
>Has anyone else encountered this problem with the "quit" command? Any
>thoughts of what is causing the app to crash when it is quitting?
>
>Thanks
>
>Bob
>--
>Robert Arnold

I had the same behaviour, just the same on a mac like you.
I've resolved the problem so :
I've removed the menubar with the menu manager and re-create just the
same menu.
Then I set the bg behavior property to true and I wrote a little
script for the already existing cds (they haven't the new created
menu !)

repeat with x = 2 to the number of cds of this stack
place grp <theNameOfYourMenuBar> onto cd x
end repeat

Since that is my problem absolutely resolved.

Hope this help.

Cheers
--
Greetings.