Battling Windmills

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 14 12:54:01 EDT 2002

On Friday, June 14, 2002, at 01:30  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> I really don't care to join forces with baby-knifers; but if the
> "institutional wisdom" of the Apple community is to knife my baby
> because it does not look like their idealized baby, what's a mother to
> do?

I wouldn't go so far as to consider it "knifed". The fact is, the apps
created with Rev don't fit the same model as apps built specifically for
OSX. We don't get the cool glowing default buttons either. Perhaps we
will in the future. These are growing pains of Rev, and the Apple OS.  I
wouldn't place TOO much of your app's self-worth on the basis of the
article. The Mac community would "prefer" to have those interface
consistencies, but it's not a requirement for it to be a great app.
Maybe a couple of points off at worst. There are many examples of such
non-standard apps out there which are highly successful. In my case,
Cinema4D would fit the bill, and I'm not complaining about their
software.

Relax Rob. We all know that your apps would be good on any platform the
user chooses to run them on. Minor inconsistencies in interface get
overlooked in these cases. And maybe Rev will eventually allow some
platform fine-tuning someday, OSX is new for them, too.

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD