mySQL & Rev & OSX

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Fri Jun 7 22:59:01 EDT 2002

Hey all,

For those that have been working with databases and Rev, we want to work
with mySQL because that is what we have experience with developing, but
a couple related questions -

1) Rev apparently needs a third party driver for mySQL. Where can a
compatible one for OSX and other platforms be obtained? The site
mentioned in the docs seems to be down. Plus, where does one install the
driver in OSX? The library? Which folder?

2) If I were to distribute a runtime that made use of these features, I
what - have to tell the users that they have to scrounge for a driver
and install it? This would be a non-starter, I think.

3) We have started to use Rev as faceless CGI. We use commercial web
servers, and while we have pretty deep access to them, I don't think we
can install drivers. We can and have installed Rev though. Is it
possible to get Rev connected to mySQL under these conditions (as CGI)?

Thanks for any insights you can offer.
--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD