License Prices

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu Jun 6 17:40:01 EDT 2002

I think this has been discussed ad nauseum (no doubt from the purveyor's
perspective) but I agree.

At least we've seen some very positive moves in the educational area for
personal copies :-D  And, now we have manuals.

But the pro version for a single SOHO user is still way too expensive.
However, if you're interested,  here are the reasons you'll see trotted
out:

Director costs more.  Toolbook costs more.  XYZ app for Unix costs more.
If you're a  real pro, you shouldn't mind paying this much money... HC
users are spoiled by the unreal cost of HC.  And so on.

Judy