copying and saving stacks

David Vaughan drvaughan55 at mac.com
Wed Jun 5 22:12:01 EDT 2002

On Thursday, June 6, 2002, at 10:19 , Kee Nethery wrote:

> I have a revolution stack and it works great.
> In the Finder (Mac OS X) and made a copy of it and changed it's name.
> When I opened it the stack property name also needed to be changed
> which I did.
> Now I have two stacks that are essentially exactly the same except they
> are named differently in the file system and they have different stack
> name properties.
>
> So why is Revolution balking at me when I try to open both at the same
> time?
>
> Asks me if I want to purge the other one when I open the second stack.

Kee

You appear to have done the right thing in changing both of the file
name AND the stack name property. Perhaps it is the sequence which
trapped you. I experimented in the following fashion:
Opened stack "testing"
Saved it as file "testing different". Name in the window title bar is
still "testing".
Changed its name property to "testing different" which duly appeared in
the window title bar.
Saved the stack and closed its window. "Testing.rev" still appeared in
the Application overview.
Opened both of stack files "testing" and "testing different" with no
warning messages troubling me. Both of them  now appear in the
application overview and both windows are open.

Perhaps you missed a save and close at some point. I think there may
also have been a previous bug where a title name does not reliably
"take" unless you tab out of the field before closing the properties
window. I have not tested for that recently; I just tab out through
habit to avoid it.

regards
David