newbie response

Troy Rollins troy at rpsystems.net
Tue Jun 4 16:35:01 EDT 2002

On Tuesday, June 4, 2002, at 05:07  PM, Rob Cozens wrote:

> Apple traded Amelio & QTI for Jobs & colored computers.

And in a nutshell, that is why Apple is still around today. Intelligent
choice, I would say.

I am as much a QuickTime evangelist as probably anybody, but Jobs pulled
that company back from the dead. Amelio wouldn't have known "what Apple
was all about" if it jumped up and bit his head off. Wasn't he the
"computers should be beige guy"? I honestly haven't heard many lament
his departure.

I write this on my powerbook, with a bank of G4 towers rendering
interactive QuickTime behind me - what exactly did we lose with Amelio?
OH... hypercard - never used it. Wasn't it like an electronic Rolodex or
something?  ;)

I do like this Revolution thing though...

--
Troy
RPSystems, LTD