newbie response

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Jun 4 16:11:01 EDT 2002

>That's possible. Apple is a highly rational organization (just because an
>observer disagrees or fails to understand the reasons for their decisions is
>does not make Apple irrational). If they thought HyperCard was going to make
>more money than whatever else they could do with those resources, they'd be
>all over it.

You must have seen a different Apple than I, Loren...or talked with
different people.

I put it to you that to this day Steve Jobs and Phil ("HyperCard is
just a rolodex") Schiller have absolutely no clue as to A. what
HyperCard was really all about or B. how many Mac sales were were
lost forever when Claris made the decision to make people pay for
HyperCard.  HyperCard 3 (Quick Time Interactive) would have been
Apple's premier app, and in the words of Gil Amelio (to K. Calhoun),
"this [QTI] is what Apple is really all about."

Apple traded Amelio & QTI for Jobs & colored computers.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company