item delimiter

Dreamscape Software webmaster at dreamscapesoftware.com
Tue Jun 4 16:10:01 EDT 2002

> So my quest is not for the "safest" delimiter, but the best VISUAL
> delimiter.  Can anyone tell me what numToChar(240) will get me on
> Windows & Unix platforms, or suggest a better visual itemDelimiter?

I don't know if it's the safest delimiter, but I always use a Pipe "|" char
as my delimiters.  The only thing I do in regards to the delimiter is to
check for it when there's an input, and replace it with something else that
won't mess up the database.  That's something I constantly have to do in my
Perl and PHP scripts.

As far as on Windows, and I'm not sure if this will translate, this is what
MS Sans Serif #0240 is : ð

Derek Bump
Dreamscape Software, Inc.
http://www.dreamscapesoftware.com/