sockets

Larry Forsgren larry at rmg.net
Wed Jul 10 14:44:02 EDT 2002

Correct, server contains "mailsever:110".
I logged the results to a field but it came up empty.
The sysError is 0 which I don´t know what it means.
The actual code as it looks currently is below.
It does not matter if I change to a different mail server.

on revPOP_connect
  # Description..: connects to the mail account
  # Parameter...: "server, user, losen"
  set socketTimeoutInterval to 1000
  put item 1 of param(1) & ":110" into server
  put item 2 of param(1) into user
  put item 3 of param(1) into losen
  open socket server
  read from socket server until linefeed
  if offset("+OK",it) is zero then
     answer the sysError
     close socket server
     answer "No connection!"
   else
     put "Connected to" && server & return into field id 1004
     write "USER" && user to socket server
     read from socket server until linefeed
     put return & it after field id 1004
  end if