Put into URL

Mark Mitchell mark_mitchell at kmug.org
Wed Jul 10 12:03:09 EDT 2002

OK, I'm going to ask this question on the list one more time before I bug the poor folks at rev.

On OSX, the command

put "my mothers nose" into URL "file:xxxxxx"

where the 'file' is an RTF file, creates a NEW RTF file with the content "my mothers nose" and retains
the old RTF file with the previous content.  Is this correct behaviour? It's a bit of a pain (sarcasm) as
one rapidly creates hundreds of new files this way.

(PS  Thanks Sahra for the input on the file extensions, but it doesn't address the essential problem
of creating all these new files.)

mark mitchell
Japan