ask dialog not appearing in my stack

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Sat Jul 6 19:11:01 EDT 2002

At 2:03 PM -0700 7/5/02, Brian Kelly wrote:
>This may be a total newbie question, but why doesn't the ask dialog show up when I run my stack when Revolution isn't running?
>
>This running Mac OS 10.1.5.
>
>This isn't running as a standalone built distribution, just the stack itself. I thought in this situation I would have access to the resources of the Revolution app itself. If that is not the case, can I just copy the relevant dialogs over to the stack using Resorcerer?

The ask and answer dialogs are not built-in resources (as they were in HyperCard, if you are familiar with it). Instead, they are separate stacks. They are built into the Revolution development environment. The standalone builder will bundle them with your application automatically, so including them in your stack yourself generally isn't necessary. It does mean that you can't run your stack without the development environment, though.
--

regards,

Geoff Canyon
gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com