Adding objects to a group

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Thu Jul 4 16:13:01 EDT 2002

I just discovered a cool thing about groups. When editing a group you can
obviously delete individual objects. You can also create a new object,
say a button, during a group edit and it'll become part of the group. But
I always wondered how to add an existing object into a group.

It turns out that if you do a "cut objects" of those objects you want to
add before you start to edit the group, you can simply paste the objects
into the group. If the group has its "background behavior" turned on, the
new objects become part of the background (and appear on all the cards
that the current group shows up on.)

This provides a lot of flexibility in modifying background-type groups.
Maybe everyone already knew this but I was jazzed to finally discover it!

Howard Bornstein