printing problem

Yves Coppé yvescoppe at skynet.be
Thu Jul 4 14:04:01 EDT 2002

>Yves,
>
>For the script #1, is the stack "mi_print" actually open? It must
>be, I believe, for Rev to print a card from the stack.
>
>it's my experience (which is NOT considerable) that locking the
>screen can cause unpredictable results. Perhaps script #2 works
>because the screen isn't actually locked. Does going to the stack
>"mi_print" cause a script in that stack to unlock the screen? That
>might explain why you can see the stack change. You might try
>setting lockMessages to true before going to the stack. That should
>stop unlocking the screen. If the script stops working, the screen
>lock may be contributing factor.
>
>For #3, check out the printMargins property, which lets you set the
>print margins.
>
>According to the Transcript Dictionary, revShowPrintDialog works
>only if the handler calls revPrintField or revPrintText, which your
>script doesn't seem to do. That shouldn't prevent printing, but you
>may want to try the script without that command. (Running Mac OS 9.1
>here, the revShowPrintDialog is ignored unless one of the other
>commands is present.)
>
>Karl

Thank you for your help
1° with the  printMargins property property, it works now very well
2° if I call another stack to print I see the changing of stack the
screen being locked or not. There are no script to unlock the screen
in the called stack.
3° I solved the problem with the script :
go invisible to stack "mi_print"
4° I can use the printing DLOG when I use print card with the
open printing with dialog line

Thank you for your help.
--
Greetings.