externals with MacOS

Brian Kelly briank at bkms.com
Tue Jul 2 17:06:01 EDT 2002

I have Revolution 1.1.1Classic, running under Mac OS 9.2.2.

I built the externals project (the PPC target) using CodeWarrior, but
cannot seem to get the externals to be recognized.

The code resource is in the file created by CodeWarrior.

I put the compiled CODE resource file in the Revolution folder, but
using the "External Tutorial.rev" stack, it fails when I try to use
the "sprintf" button, or any of the others.

I also tried putting it in the same folder as the stack, and in the
plugins folder, but to no avail.

Am I putting the file in the wrong place? Does it need a special
extension or name?
Below is the message in the error window.

Any pointers from those who have gone before?

Cheers,
Brian Kelly

  * There was an Execution Error at 2:57:48 PM
Error description:  Function: error in function handler
Object: button id 1002 of card id 1001 of stack "/Macintosh
HD/Applications (Mac OS 9)/Revolution 1.1.1 Classic/External
SDK/External Tutorial.rev"