Copying parts of pictures to the front

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Jan 30 11:49:24 EST 2002

Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

>So, what I'm looking for is either:
>
>1) A script that instantly shows and hides the button rect PORTION of the
>'down' full screen image into the SAME PORTION (rect) of the 'up' full
>screen image. Best labor-saving idea if it will work.
>
>...or
>
>2) Write a script that automates the selection, copying, and pasting of the
>button rect's images (all 314 of them) into icons.

The method you've been using in HC is pretty inefficient and I wouldn't
bother with it in RR, especially since the capability you want is built
in. Since the only problem is the amount of labor needed to convert the
images to button icons, I'd write a script to do it.

Look into the "import snapshot" command -- it will grab a portion of the
screen and import it into the stack as an image. Write a repeat loop
that takes snapshots of each button rect and records the resultant image
ID in a field or a text log so you can reference it later.

Depending on how your buttons are set up, the script may also be able to
create the transparent buttons and assign the icon and hilite icon IDs
at the same time -- and then you wouldn't even need the reference list.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com