email with applescript from rev

sims sims at ezpzapps.com
Wed Jan 30 10:37:01 EST 2002

I have tested the following applescript with Outlook Express as the emailer
and it seems to run fine here.

I do not have Outlook or Entourage.

Would anyone who has either/both test this for me?

Thanks in advance!  Send reply to sims at ezpzapps.com

1. Make button in Rev with script:

on mouseUp
do fld "MSemailer" as  applescript
end mouseUp

2. Place the  following applescript  in fld named "MSemailer" and change
the part:  tell application "Outlook Express" for Entourage and/or Outlook

3. click button and see if a new email, as described, opens...!

set theAttachment to ¬
	(choose file with prompt "Select the file attachment:")

tell application "Outlook Express"
	activate
	try
		set the emailDestination to "EMAIL at ISP.COM"
		set emailSubject to "SUBJECT"
		set emailContent to "MESSAGE BODY"
		set draftWindow to make new draft window with properties ¬
			{subject:emailSubject, content:emailContent,
to recipients:emailDestination } ¬

		make attachment at draftWindow ¬
			with data {file:theAttachment, encoding:binhex}
		--send draftWindow
	on error error_message

		display dialog error_message
	end try