Menu Bar on Mac OS

Pierre Delain pdel at noos.fr
Wed Jan 30 03:32:01 EST 2002

 I find a strange behabiour of my stack after having set a Menu Bar on
MacOS.
I have followed the method described in HyperActive's tutorial "Converting a
HyperCard stack to Revolution" and used the pushdown handler to reposition
card objects.
 This handler is based on a 28 pixels height for Rev's default menu (note
that the same tutorial p2 of the "Notes about menus" section refers to a *26
pixels* height for these menu buttons and not 28 pixels but never mind).
 It seems to work fine as long as I do not save my stack. But If I save it,
remove it from memory and open it again, the vertical dimensions of the card
objets have changed (all the objects, and the dimension of the stack itself
is also different)! If I move them back in the original position using the
pushdown (or pushup) handler, the same behaviour comes back, and the menu
buttons themselves to not stick to the top of the stack but move somewhere
else.
 I have lost a lot of time trying to fix this without success.

 Thank you for helping me.

P. Delain