Standalone script limitation?

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Mon Jan 28 10:52:00 EST 2002

At 9:59 AM -0500 1/28/02, JohnRule at aol.com wrote:
>I read on this group (a while back) that there is a limitation to the stacks
>created with a stand-alone engine. Is this true? Where is the specification
>for this?

It's the same as in the starter kit -- ten command lines.

>I believe the limitation was the same 10 line limitation in the un-registered
>version of Revolution. If this is true, then I have a few questions:

That's right.

>What happens to a button that is cut and pasted from the stand-alone that has
>a significant amount of 'lines' of commands?

No problems. Cut, copy, duplicate to your heart's content. As long as you're not setting the script of something or issuing a do command, you're fine. (There's also a limit on the number of items you can insert in front or back -- 50? Not sure off the top of my head.

>What happens if I open this 'limited' stack in a licensed copy of
>Revolution...edit this stack (adding more lines of commands)...and then open
>this in a stand-alone engine?

No problems.

>What happens if I add to this 'edited' stack from within the stand-alone
>engine?

Then you're subject to the starter kit limits, but only on the scripts you want to modify.

regards,

Geoff