replacetext

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto jeanne at runrev.com
Wed Jan 23 16:47:00 EST 2002

At 10:25 AM -0800 1/23/2002, Mike McManus wrote:
>On Sunday, January 20, 2002, at 03:10 AM, David Vaughan wrote:
>> So, some people aren't reading it and are then complaining. Do they
>> also expect instructions on a milk carton saying "Do not invert after
>> opening"?
>
>Since I originally posted the question. I am pretty sure I didn't
>complain on the point of documentation.

For what it's worth, I certainly didn't take it as a complaint. I think
your comment was valid feedback. I am still thinking about the best way to
clarify this in the docs.

>Sometimes I think I would like to just be able to copy the
>example from the dictionary to be sure I have the proper syntax for
>those seldom used commands and functions.

As Yves mentioned, you can do this (hold down the option or alt key and
drag through the part you want to copy). Eventually I would like to make
the examples drag-and-droppable into a script window - I think that will be
more convenient - but for now this functionality is there.

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto ~ jeanne at runrev.com
http://www.runrev.com/
Runtime Revolution Limited - Power to the Developer!