Startup Disk

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Wed Jan 23 12:44:01 EST 2002

on 23/1/02 4:58 PM, Bill Vlahos at bvlahos at jpl.nasa.gov wrote:

> Is there an easy way to refer to the startup disk without knowing the
> exact name of it? For example, I want to put a file into the Preferences
> folder on a Mac but users can call their hard disk anything they want.

Use 'the specialFolderPath' (introduced in 1.1).  This does more than you
want (returning the full path to various folders on the startup disk - see
the docs for more info) but from that you can extract the volume name.

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866